Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Add one more thing to the list...

The previous owner had removed some of the stainless steel trim and put it in a pvc tube, then put the tube in the cabin.  It was in the way, so after relocation to our yard, I moved the tube onto the port side walkway.  Yesterday I was in the back yard, and noticed that the tube had slid a little bit and was drooping over the bow.  Then, yesterday evening, I saw the tube had slipped and I thought I'd better get up there and put it back.  This is what I found:
This window is presumably the original, so it lasted 52 years before my laziness let it be broken.

Naturally I had some choice words to say.

Let this be a lesson to us all: a small problem fixed soon enough will prevent bigger problems later on.

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't the end of the world, but it is extremely frustrating.  I think the windows will need some attention at some point - I have read about similar models and window configurations that leak consistently.  Now it's just one more item on the check list.

No comments:

Post a Comment