Saturday, March 5, 2011

Origin 2: More Origin

Every time someone new sees the boat in our backyard, they always say something like "Holy s$%*! How'd you get that in here?"  I always say, "Well, I paid a guy..".  The larger point though is that my home is on a corner lot, and along one side, the fence has a gate cut into it.  With the gate open, it was relatively easy to back the boat in.  The next question people invariably ask is "Does it run?" to which I reply "It was floating when I got it.", thus summing up the state and condition of the project.  Now that I've contacted the previous owner and gotten some back story, I sometimes add "Not since the late '80s."
You can see the lock on the gate in the very middle of the fence, plenty of room!
I mentioned a surprise in the first origin post, and it is true that shortly after we acquired this boat, we found out we were going to acquire something else, too.  I won't put the picture here (because I'm lazy), but this explains our new delivery on March 23rd 2010. http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaoticwhimsey/4476892812/in/set-72157623735350302/

So with that happening, then some job instability, etc, the project got off track quite a bit in 09 and 10.  Things are looking up for 2011, though!

(You might be saying to yourself, well, you lazy <expletive deleted>, on a beautiful Saturday morning why aren't you out there getting on it right now?  And that's a great question, which I will answer in two parts: it just stopped raining, so everything is soaking wet, and the wife is out running errands, so I'm supervising the littles.  Life always interrupts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment